Kelly Starrett is the author of the New York Times bestseller Becoming a Supple Leopard, which has revolutionized how coaches, athletes, and everyday humans approach movement and athletic performance. He consults with Olympic teams and universities and is a featured speaker at strength and conditioning conferences nationwide.
Starrett's work is not limited to coaches and athletes; his methods apply equally well to children, desk jockeys, and anyone dealing with injury and chronic pain. He believes that every human being should know how to move and be able to perform basic maintenance on themselves. Juliet Starrett is an attorney, athlete, and entrepreneur. As a mother and co-founder of the nonprofit StandUp Kids, Juliet is committed to getting every public school child at a standing desk within 10 years in order to combat the epidemic of sedentary lifestyles.
In her earlier life, Juliet was a professional athlete, paddling on the U. Extreme Whitewater Team from to She won two world championships and five national titles. Free Returns We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us.
However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy. Recently Viewed. Deskbound Standing Up to a Sitting World. Deskbound, offers a scathing critique of our modern environment, which he says encourages poor physical habits, as well as strategies to survive in it.
World Speed Summit Preview: A Look at Kelly Starrett’s ‘Deskbound: Standing Up to a Sitting World’
This new in-depth look from Kelly Starrett, the co-founder of mobilitywod. Science backs him up: A recent study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that physical inactivity is a bigger risk factor in mortality than obesity.
- The Cold Nowhere (Jonathan Stride, Book 6).
- History and the Homeric Iliad.
- Mathematical Techniques for Engineers and Scientists.
- A 6th Bowl of Chicken Soup for the Soul: 101 More Stories to Open the Heart And Rekindle The Spirit;
- ITIL V3 capability module operational support and analysis : exam prep study guide : how to pass on your first try : ensure your ITIL certification now with study notes and ITIL practice questions & exam tips.?
- Inflammatory Diseases and Copper: The Metabolic and Therapeutic Roles of Copper and Other Essential Metalloelements in Humans.
Help Centre. Track My Order.
Deskbound: Standing Up to a Sitting World by Kelly Starrett
My Wishlist Sign In Join. Write a review. Add to Wishlist. In Stock. Unable to Load Delivery Dates. Enter an Australian post code for delivery estimate. Link Either by signing into your account or linking your membership details before your order is placed. Description Customer Reviews 1 Product Details Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
analagor.ml Industry Reviews While Starrett is best known for his work inside the gym, increasingly he's discovered that many issues underlying injury and deceased performance are related to how people carry themselves in everyday life. Pain and Prejudice Order a signed copy! Pretty Unhealthy Signed copies available. Inflamed Mind A radical new approach to depression. Give Birth Like A Feminist. Where Did My Libido Go? The Postnatal Depletion Cure A complete guide to rebuilding your health and The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome.
- Top Authors;
- Deskbound Standing Up to a Sitting World.
- Practicing STD-Free Sex (STD Briefs Book 7).
- Deskbound Standing Up to a Sitting World;
- ISBN 13: 9781628600582?
- Metastasis (Novartis Foundation Symposia).
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
Strength Training Anatomy Anatomy. It's About Bloody Time.